Thursday, November 20, 2008

Schedule for office hours and exam review

Here is a schedule of when I will be holding additional office hours and a review session in the week leading up to our final exam.

Tuesday, December 2: office hours 10:30-2:30

Wednesday, December 3: office hours 10:30-2:30

Sunday, December 7: review session, 3:00, Room 142

Monday, December 8: office hours, noon-4:30

I generally do not make individual appointments for office hours, but instead speak with students as they come to my office. If several students arrive at the same time, I will move our discussion to a table in Benson, where a group can participate together. (I will leave a note on my office door if I do so.)

The review session, of course, is purely optional. I will not present any material, but instead merely answer questions in a group setting.

And I am sure you all realize this, but the purpose of my answering questions at this point in the course is to clarify issues that you have been unable to resolve on your own. That is, I am here to help you after you have tried to answer the questions yourselves. My job is to offer a framework, to organize the material, and to provide you with the tools for comprehension. But the work of learning is on you. To state it in more crass terms, something like "Can you just go over the dormant Commerce Clause again?" is a question I will not answer.

Again, I am sure you know this already, but a gentle reminder is sometimes helpful. Thanks.