Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We will have class next Wednesday

I know this will come as a disappointment to many of you, but our class will meet next Wednesday, November 26 (even though the civil procedure class is canceled). There are a variety of reasons for this, but at bottom (1) I feel an obligation to cover the material set out in the syllabus, as this is what you will all be expected to have mastered entering con law II, and (2) given your various schedules, it would be impossible to schedule a different time to make up the class. As I said on the first day of class, I understand when students choose to spend their time elsewhere (or, perhaps more accurately, I try not to be judgmental about it). So if you fell like you would rather be someplace else, that is your prerogative. At the same time, you all are paying an awful lot of money to be here. And I feel a strong professional obligation to hold up the school's end of the bargain.